[cairo] Pango in Cairo?

Daniel Amelang daniel.amelang at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 15:31:44 PST 2006

On 12/9/06, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-12-09 at 03:12 -0500, Piotr Zurek wrote:
> >
> > Well, I don't really want to but it seems like the version of Gtk#
> > I'm
> > using doesn't implement pangocairo.
>
> Then that's it.  But I really doubt that bindings for Gtk+ 2.8 don't
> have pangocairo support.

It looks like they originally didn't. In fact, it was relatively
recently that they added the mappings, right here:

2006-08-10  Mike Kestner  <mkestner at novell.com>

	* pango/Pango.metadata : some pango_cairo fixup.
	* pango/pango-api-2.10.raw : regen with pangocairo.h API.
	* sources/gtk-sharp-2.10-sources.xml : don't exclude pangocairo.h.

Here's the diff from that commit where they added the mappings:

http://svn.myrealbox.com/viewcvs/trunk/gtk-sharp/pango/pango-api-2.10.raw?rev=63608&r1=63291&r2=63608

Guess they just didn't get around to it at first.

Dan