[cairo] Cairo vs. Xft glyph rendering

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Mon Dec 11 23:49:30 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 14:53 +0200, Xan Lopez wrote:

> Now, one question. How is it possible that our labels/minute numbers
> are almost equal to GTK+ 2.6/Xft but our expose time is still almost
> double (0.0015 vs 0.0008)?

I found that expose time reported by timetext kinda inaccurate.  I think
you get a better idea of what's going on if you print and sort all the
gathered expose times, and at least weed out the outliers (context
switches, etc).  Also, I would go by the microseconds value reported
instead of the double one, but it may not matter.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759