[cairo] Patch for cairo - high resolution images in PDF surface.

mydevel at free.fr mydevel at free.fr
Tue Dec 12 07:00:23 PST 2006

On Tuesday 12 December 2006 15:22, Claudio Saavedra wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 14:08 -0200, Ivan Baldo wrote:
> >     The  gdk_cairo_set_source_pixbuf (cr, pixbuf, 0, 0); call should
> > be
> > made before the pattern = cairo_get_source (cr); call.
> >     You first set the source, then get the source and modify its
> > properties, otherwise you are changing the properties of a source
> > that
> > you will not use since you replaced it with set_source!
>
> Thanks. I followed your advices, but this still doesn't change the fact
> that the image is being tiled.
>
> I also would like to point out that the documentation for
> gdk_cairo_set_source_pixbuf () says that the pattern has an extended
> mode of CAIRO_EXTEND_NONE, so this shouldn't be tiled at all.
>
> Claudio

Hello

I've hit the bug too and already posted a testcase.
For now, I get around it by just clipping arround my image.
According to my test, the image, though tiled, is not duplicated inside the
PDF, so it may be a PDF procedural tiling, not from cairo. Maybe, the pdf
backend sets a wrong flag in the PDF file ?

Sincerely,

Romuald.