[cairo] Status of ps-pdf-dpi branch

Emmanuel Pacaud emmanuel.pacaud at univ-poitiers.fr
Sat May 13 14:32:05 PDT 2006

Hi,

I've done some additionnal work on ps-pdf-dpi branch, which consist of:

  - suppression of cairo_foo_surface_set_dpi functions.
  - new cairo_surface_set_fallback_resolution
  - fix for svg backend

That's on my ps-pdf-dpi branch.

I'm going to stop my work here, since what remains requires more
knowlegde about internals of cairo than what I have.

What still needs to be fixed is:

  - glyph are incorrectly scaled when resolution != 72.0 ppi.
  - create_similar for ps and pdf backend returns an image with wrong
size (What could be done here would be to do what's currently in svg
backend, ie return a meta surface, then replay it at right size. Though
that will trig the bug on size of meta surface created by
create_similar).

	Emmanuel.