[cairo] How to make libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 for RedHat ES 2.1 / 3.0?

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Thu Nov 2 13:02:43 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 14:15 -0500, Erik Kangas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 for RedHat ES/AS v2.1 and 3.0.  This s not
> in the rpm list.  I have downloaded and compiled all the sources for
> pango, cairo, and related packages and installed them.  This gives me
> nice individual libraries for each, but the libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 was
> not created in the process.
>
> Does anyone know how to either:
>
> a) Find libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 pre-built for download for these OS
> platforms, or
>
> b) Assemble libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 from the individual so files made by
> the individual builds, or
>
> c) Use one of the configure / make combinations in one of the builds to
> generate this shared library.

Compile and install cairo-1.2.4, then configure pango-1.14.x and make
sure when configure is done, it lists cairo as one of the enabled
backends.  If it doesn't, check configure output and log to find why
it's not finding cairo, fix and retry.  Finally compile and enjoy your
brand new pangocairo.so

behdad