[cairo] cairo-xlib-surface.c:402: _swap_ximage_to_native:Assertion `NOT_REACHED' failed.

Damian Dixon Damian.Dixon at tenet.co.uk
Tue Nov 21 00:57:43 PST 2006

Daniel Amelang Wrote:

> Carl/whoever is listening: could a quick stopgap measure be to do a
conversion from 24bpp

> to 32bpp before the image is handed over to pixman (or write a
conversion function

> in pixman that cairo-xlib can call)? Ideally, one would want pixman to
support 24bpp

> directly, but since that's a lot of work, and this isn't a common
case, it might

> be worth considering a slow and messy approach. People don't call
_acquire_(source|dest)_image

> in their display loop anyways, right?

While I am not using cario I am hovering on the list because almost all
of my work is writing

code for drawing Raster and Vector map's as fast as possible on X11
targets.

In my line of work 8,16 and 24 bit display depths are very common. 32
bit depth's are the least common :>>

A lot of old hardware is out in the world, even SUN is shipping quite
old graphics cards with their

new kit and the embedded environment (both PDA [eg. Sharp Zaurus] and
VME based kit) tend

to use old graphics chips with limited memory, meaning that you are
lucky to get 24bit depth.

Regards

Damian

Damian Dixon, BSc(Hons), BSc(Hons), FRGS.
TENET Technology  Ltd., North Heath Lane, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12
5UX,United Kingdom
Tel: +44 1403 273173  Fax: +44 1403 273123
Email: damian.dixon at tenet.co.uk
http://www.tenet.co.uk
*
TENET
Technology Ltd.

This email and any attachments may contain confidential information
and/or
copyright material. It is intended for the use of the addressee only and
any unauthorised use may be unlawful. If you receive this email by
mistake, please advise the sender by using the reply facility in your
email software.
*