[cairo] Re: Flag for FP-challenged platforms

Daniel Amelang daniel.amelang at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 16:57:59 PST 2006

On 11/29/06, Mike Shaver <mike.shaver at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/29/06, Daniel Amelang <daniel.amelang at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >         --enable-floating-point-is-expensive ???
> > >         --enable-floating-point-considered-harmful ???
> >
> > This is what I've been spending my afternoon doing :(
> >
> > --enable-floating-point-avoidance anyone? Ugh.
>
> --without-floating-point?
> --with-fixed-point?

Notice the issues with this I expressed earlier:

> On 11/29/06, Daniel Amelang <daniel.amelang at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Using --with _looked_ better, but then you invoke configure --help and you get it
> > listed under 'additional packages' (besides fighting the intution of
> > those that _do_ know that the --with option is for), so I threw it out.

I still think it's a hack, as this isn't the purpose of the --with
flags, but maybe it's time to give in :) I'm tired. But, we still have
the false advertising issue with --without-floating-point, as we are
still very much 'with floating point' (see previous post).

Dan