[cairo] Toy Text API

KULBHUSHAN PACHAURI kb.pachauri at samsung.com
Wed Aug 1 00:34:56 PDT 2007

Hi All,

    Can anyone provide me some information about the internal working of toy text api.

    This is my understanding of cairo internal toy text api.

     it set the font face by using cairo_set_font_face. if this function is not called there are already default settings for toy text api.

    _cairo_scaled_font_text_to_glyphs This is the function that will used to convert the text to glpyh.

           a) cairo convert the utf8 to ucs4.
              After that how it load the glyph the into the cairo_glyph_t.

           b) What are the font families supported in toy text api. ( correct me if this question is wrong) :)

           c) From where cairo read the glyph infromation.

 thanks in advance.

Regards,
Pachauri