[cairo] Pango Cairo

alanpae at ilkda.com alanpae at ilkda.com
Thu Aug 30 19:27:37 PDT 2007

Hi there,

I'm trying to compile Pango 1.18.0 with Cairo 1.4.10 as a backend.

Pango's configure script has the following item:

checking for cairo_ft_scaled_font_lock_face in -lcairo... no

When I checked with the Pango maintainers they said that I had somehow managed to build Cairo without a font backend.  The tail end of my Cairo configure looks like:

the following font backends:
  FreeType:      yes
  Win32:         no (requires a Win32 platform)
  ATSUI:         no (disabled, use --enable-atsui to enable)

So, how do I get Pango to acknowledge cairo_ft_scaled_font_lock_face so that Pango will use it as a backend?

thanks,
alan