[cairo] Success with Cairo on Win9x

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Feb 9 12:00:02 PST 2007

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 12:52:52 -0700, "Brian Palmer" wrote:
> Yes, they work just fine. This is the code I used to create a FreeType font:
> cairo_ft_font_face_create_for_ft_face(*((FT_Face*)m_pFreeTypeFace), 0);
>
> Then I create a scaled font from that and call cairo_text_path() on a string
> and then stroke the path.

OK, that could work.

> believe I also had to comment out the _cairo_ft_scaled_font_create_toy()
> function and NULL it's pointer in the backend because that function uses
> fontconfig stuff extensively.

But that's a problem. It would mean that cairo_show_text and
cairo_text_path would not be functional at all.

Now, you might be arguing that that's exactly what you want. But if
so, what you're saying is that you'd like to be able to compile cairo
without it's toy text API, and that would definitely be something new,
(perhaps not without precedent though---we do allow cairo to be
compiled without PNG support which is quite similar to the toy text
API in one way).