[cairo] text on win32

Daniel Amelang daniel.amelang at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 22:31:53 PST 2007

On 2/13/07, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> So frankly, I'm happy to have emails attached, (as long as they are
> not in some base64 encoding---it's still very important to be able to
> reply to a patch and comment on the code directly).

The main problem here (for me) has always been that gmail
automatically base64 encodes all plain text attachments. No one has
figured out how to prevent gmail from doing so, AFAIK. Hence my
inlining of patches.

> You can do the inline thing if you prefer, but please ensure
> that git-am will do the right thing if fed the entire message in that
> case.

So to do the inline thing so that git-am can do the right thing, I
have to set my own headers, right? Can't do that in gmail either,
AFAIK.

So the take home lesson here seems to be "ditch gmail and use a real
MUA" :). It's my problem, I'll deal. I know, _real_ developers use
mutt/pine/etc.

One last chance: would both inlining _and_ attaching together work for
you? You can comment on the inline version and feed git-am the
attachment version.

Dan