[cairo] Re: [cairo-commit] 3 commits (nquartz -> quartz renaming)

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Feb 20 15:56:46 PST 2007

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for landing the new quartz stuff. I've just got a few comments
on the contents of cairo-quartz.h:

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:45:18 -0800 (PST), wrote:
> +#ifdef CAIRO_NQUARTZ_SUPPORT_AGL
> +#include <AGL/agl.h>
> +#endif

I don't think I like this. In general, we haven't been putting
conditional functionality into the header files, but instead have a
one-to-one correspondence of cairo-foo.pc files and cairo-foo.h files
so that you either have them or you don't.

(One notable exception is that we have cairo-png.pc along with some
conditionally included png-related functions in cairo.h, but most
people that have commented on those wish they weren't there.)

See, for example, cairo-xlib.h and the separate
cairo-xlib-xrender.h. Should we just move this functionality to
cairo-quartz-agl.h or something like that?

>  cairo_public cairo_surface_t *
> -cairo_quartz_surface_create (CGContextRef    context,
> -			     int	     width,
> -			     int	     height,
> -			     cairo_bool_t    y_grows_down);
> +cairo_quartz_surface_create (cairo_format_t format,
> +                             unsigned int width,
> +                             unsigned int height);

Hurrah! You killed y_grows_down for me. That makes me very happy, (and
eliminates a veto I had been mulling over against marking cairo-quartz
as officially supported).

> +cairo_public CGContextRef
> +cairo_quartz_surface_get_cg_context (cairo_surface_t *surf);

Would you rename that from surf to surface please?

Thanks,