[cairo] pango.Context from a cairo.ImageSurface ?

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Mon Feb 26 12:02:49 PST 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 14:29 -0500, Tobias Ceglarek wrote:

> When I call cairo.Context(surface) I get a cairo.Context.

Then do a pangocairo.CairoContext(cairo_context) to get a
pango_cairo_context:

  cr = cairo.Context (surface)
  pcr = pangocairo.CairoContext (cr)

  layout = pcr.create_layout ()

  pcr.show_layout (layout, ...)

The confusing point here is that pangocairo.CairoContext is a subclass
of a cairo.Context that adds support for rendering to it using Pango.
It's not a subclass of pango.Context.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/