[cairo] [cairo-announce] cairo release 1.4.10 now available

Allen allen.saucier at cas-inc.com
Thu Jun 28 08:40:01 PDT 2007

Tor

Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> Allen writes:
>  > Will this version of Cairo work with Cairomm?  Will it work with
>  > Gtkmm 2.10.x?
>
> Unless the cairo you have previously is some strangely built one, it
> should. Is your cairo DLL called libcairo-2.dll ? What CAIRO_HAS_*
> features are listed in your cairo-features.h?

/* Generated by configure.  Do not edit */
#ifndef CAIRO_FEATURES_H
#define CAIRO_FEATURES_H

#ifdef  __cplusplus
# define CAIRO_BEGIN_DECLS  extern "C" {
# define CAIRO_END_DECLS    }
#else
# define CAIRO_BEGIN_DECLS
# define CAIRO_END_DECLS
#endif

#ifndef cairo_public
# define cairo_public
#endif

#define CAIRO_VERSION_MAJOR 1
#define CAIRO_VERSION_MINOR 2
#define CAIRO_VERSION_MICRO 6

#define CAIRO_VERSION_STRING "1.2.6"

#define CAIRO_HAS_SVG_SURFACE 1
#define CAIRO_HAS_PDF_SURFACE 1
#define CAIRO_HAS_PS_SURFACE 1
#define CAIRO_HAS_FT_FONT 1
#define CAIRO_HAS_PNG_FUNCTIONS 1
#define CAIRO_HAS_WIN32_FONT 1
#define CAIRO_HAS_WIN32_SURFACE 1

#endif

Seems I could be wrong about my version of cairo from reading this file....
>  > And do I install this file under Gtk or Gtkmm?
>
> That you will have to sort out yourself, I don't know what the
> directory structures of Cairomm and Gtkmm are... But the point is that
> the files from the zip files should replace the older files with the
> same name. (Obviously, you should first make backup copies of them
> somewhere.)
>
> --tml

C:\GTK\lib\libcairo.dll.a
C:\GTK\bin\libcairo-2.dll

C:\GTKmm\lib\libcairomm-1.0.dll.a
C:\GTKmm\bin\libcairomm-1.0-1.dll

These are the files I have for Gtk & Gtkmm.  Here's where I get my
versions of Gtk/Gtkmm for windows:
http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/modules/news/
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/gtkmm/2.10/

I get so confused as to what to use.. ugghhh.... but I use the stuff
from the above sites because it's an easy way to installer GTK & Gtkmm
for windERS.

--
Sincerely, Allen

Gene Allen Saucier, Jr
Software Engineer
EDO-CAS, Inc
Madison Research Park, Bld 111
111 Research Blvd
Madison, AL  35758
"...As for I and my house, we shall follow the Lord"  Joshua 24:15