[cairo] rendering UTF8 text

Ulrich Mierendorff ulrich.mierendorff at gmx.net
Thu Jun 28 12:15:39 PDT 2007

Thank you for information about that. Now, that I have seen all the
benefits of cairo-pango, I will use it.
However, I have one question left. If I render a complicated pango
layout with much text how can I determine the size for the cairo
rendering context before actually rendering it, because I must create
the surface before ("cairo_image_surface_create(..,SIZEX,SIZEY);")
rendering. I think it will be impossible? So how to do? Rendering twice?
Maybe one fast pass without AA enabled to determine the size and a
second one with quality enabled?
I do not know if this is cairo or pango dependent...

Regards,
Ulrich