[cairo] Debugging cairo-related X hangs

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Thu May 3 11:10:36 PDT 2007

Carl Worth wrote:
> Does it say _where_ in the X server the time is being spent?

Unfortunately, no.  FC4 doesn't ship debuginfo RPMs for the X server, and my
attempts to build a debugging-enabled RPM have failed...

> Have you tried attaching a debugger to the X server to see where
> it's stuck? There are some hints about that here:
>
> http://wiki.x.org/wiki/Development/Documentation/ServerDebugging

I don't really have a second machine to debug from, unfortunately, and using two
servers running on the same machine doesn't seem to work (can't interact with
either one while one of them is hung).

-Boris