[cairo] font to use for tests

Peter Weilbacher mozilla at weilbacher.org
Sun May 13 22:08:02 EEST 2007

Dave and I have been fiddling around with the tests on OS/2 again. Most
of them seem to work fine and give PASS but the ones that use text all
FAIL with cairo 1.4.6. The problem is that the font used (Bitstream Vera
Sans in most cases) appears to be wider for us than in the reference
images.

The test(s?) where serif fonts are used work fine. This can be seen
in select-font-face. The leftmost part with serifs is empty in the diff
image but non-empty where the sans part starts... The wider font also
has the effect in many cases that the test text doesn't actually fit into
the test image.

I downloaded and installed the fonts from
   http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/ttf-bitstream-vera/1.10/
Should I use another package? What else could influence the width of
the sans (and sans mono) characters?

Cheers,
   Peter.