[cairo] Glitz Timeline

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri May 18 10:30:31 PDT 2007

On Fri, 18 May 2007 19:04:45 +0200, "Gerdus van Zyl" wrote:
> Any idea on when glitz will become no longer experimental? with
> pycairo bindings?

I can't say anything about timing, (it depends on when people do
things). But here's what needs to happen:

1. The underlying library needs to ship something with API/ABI
   stability guarantees. (Has this happened for glitz yet?)

2. The cairo test suite needs to pass completely. (I have no idea what
   the state of the test suite for glitz).

Note that this process is the same as for any cairo backend
really. For example, XCB is API stable now, and as of quite recently
started passing the entire test suite. So it will be getting marked as
supported soon. (One hangup is that Jamey said he thinks it's still
broken with mixed-endian X server/client---something that I haven't
checked with the test suite yet.)