[cairo] kCGBitmapByteOrder32Host undefined in cairo-quartz-image-surface.c

Devon Heron dheron at cisco.com
Wed Apr 23 11:33:48 PDT 2008

Hi Folks:

I was trying to install "wireshark" and one of the included packages
was cairo...

During the build of cairo the compiler complained about
kCGBitmapByteOrder32Host
being undefined in cairo-quartz-image-surface.c

I resolved this issue by copying the section:

/* We need to work with the 10.3 SDK as well (and 10.3 machines;
luckily, 10.3.9 */
  * has all the stuff we care about, just some of it isn't exported
in the SDK.
*/
#ifndef kCGBitmapByteOrder32Host
#define USE_10_3_WORKAROUNDS
#define kCGBitmapAlphaInfoMask 0x1F
#define kCGBitmapByteOrderMask 0x7000
#define kCGBitmapByteOrder32Host 0

typedef uint32_t CGBitmapInfo;

/* public in 10.4, present in 10.3.9 */
CG_EXTERN void CGContextReplacePathWithStrokedPath (CGContextRef);
CG_EXTERN CGImageRef CGBitmapContextCreateImage (CGContextRef);
#endif

from cairo-quartz-surface.c into cairo-quartz-image-surface.c and the
compile was
then happy...

I'm running:
OSX 10.4 (Tiger) on a PowerBook G4 using
Xcode version 2.0
Cairo version is 1.6.4

Hope this helps someone come up with a "proper fix" as I don't know
the correct way to
fix this issue.
-Devon