[cairo] ask for advice about cairo's user_font

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Fri Jul 24 17:48:44 PDT 2009

>>>>> "Adrian" == Adrian Johnson <ajohnson at redneon.com> writes:

Adrian> I changed user font PDF output a while ago to allow glyph 0 to
Adrian> be used but overlooked the need to update the ToUnicode stream
Adrian> as well. I've pushed a fix for this.

Confirmed.

In addition to fixing the /ToUnicode object, user-font.pdf.argb32.out.pdf
now also has some new code in obj 3’s stream (obj 3 is the contents of
the (single) page):

► obj 3’s stream adds a new line of code after the initial ‘q’:

    0 168 980 -168 re W n

which sets the clipping path to a rectangle starting at (0, 168) and
extending to (0+980, 168-168) aka (980, 0).  Which is redundant (in
this single-page case) given that the /MediaBox is [ 0 0 980 168 ].
Is the addition of that extra pdf code a consequence of bed2701e1c89?

-JimC