[cairo] [cairo-commit] 2 commits - src/cairo-rtree.c src/cairo-rtree-private.h src/cairo-xlib-surface.c

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 13:00:42 PDT 2009

M Joonas Pihlaja wrote:

> The current Render spec is already identical to the suggested "(src OP
> dest) LERP_mask dest" change for OVER, ATOP, DEST, DEST_OVER,
> DEST_OUT, XOR, and ADD.  SATURATE is pretty close but not quite
> identical.  The ones which would change are the unbounded operators
> CLEAR, SOURCE, IN, OUT, DEST_IN, DEST_ATOP.

I think SATURATE is slightly different in Cairo as well, right?

SATURATE is designed to simulate infinite resolution in some ways, so
what it should do is continue to simulate it. Ie it should act like that
LERP is done at infinite resolution as well. This may mean that the
downrezzed version is not strictly following the model but instead
something close.

In any case Render and Cairo should match, whatever they are doing.