[cairo] backward/forward binary compatibility checker

Andrey Ponomarenko susanin at ispras.ru
Thu Jul 30 04:06:52 PDT 2009

You are right, in the next versions we will add ability to specify .pc
files along with our library descriptors.
But ".pc" files does not provide analogues to following sections from
our library descriptor:

1) include_paths: The list of directories to be searched for header
files needed for compiling of library headers
2) opaque_types: The list of types that should be skipped while checking
3) internal_functions: The list of functions that should be skipped
while checking
4) include_preamble: The list of headers that will be included before
each analyzed header

So information from ".pc" file will be sufficient for running tool, but
will not be enough for obtaining best quality compatibility report.