[cairo] potential bug in cairo relative to intel drivers

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Jul 30 13:10:39 PDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 15:08 -0400, Mike Gualtieri wrote:
> Thanks!  I appreciate the help.  I should have posted here a few
> months ago when I first found the problem!
>
> Your solution worked perfect.

Great, Mike. I'm glad to hear that.

> One thing to note, in my particular case, using cairo_paint worked
> fine.  I figured I would add the cairo_rectangle & cairo_fill calls
> anyway, just to be safe.

Ah, if you are filling the entire destination surface, then yes,
cairo_paint is equivalent, and works just fine. (You don't even need
rectangle;fill to be safe.) It's when you are drawing an image to only a
portion of the destination surface that you'll find that cairo_paint
won't work.

> If I can be of more help in tracking down this bug I'll lend my
> assistance.  I'm personally out of ideas except for tracking down the
> issue to a block of code based on two versions of the intel drivers,
> which seems extremely painful.

Well, it sounds to me like the bug is in the NoAccel case. I might give
the cairo test suite a run through that and ensure that nothing too
surprising shows up. (The test suite really should hit this case fine.)

Again, thanks for sharing your report. I hope you have lots of fun with
cairo.