[cairo] potential bug in cairo relative to intel drivers

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Jul 30 14:02:42 PDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 16:57 -0400, Mike Gualtieri wrote:
> Carl,
>
> One slight correction.  You said:
>
> > it sounds to me like the bug is in the NoAccel case.
>
> Setting NoAccel to true fixes the issue.  When it is set to false (the
> default) the problem occurs.

Yes. :-)

If "the problem" means "blending the scaled image with the destination
in the case of EXTEND_NONE and cairo_paint()" then that's not a bug at
all. It's the expected behavior that EXTEND_NONE and cairo_paint() will
give you this blending when you scale up.

So if setting NoAccel to true makes that blending go away, then yes,
that does sound like a bug in the NoAccel case.

Does that make sense? Or am I still misunderstanding something?