[cairo] bumping pixmap dependency

Thomas Jaeger thjaeger at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 09:06:35 PDT 2009

Chris Wilson wrote:
> How ready are your set of patches to enable passing the extended Repeat
> modes to Xorg? Given that 1.10 is now so delayed, I'm inclined to apply
> them if we can have a dependable method of only enabling them for fixed
> drivers.

I don't think there's really a reliable way to tell whether the drivers
are fixed, so in my current version of the patch (attached), I just
assume that xserver-1.7 is good enough.  The artifact that you get if
the driver thinks that EXTEND_PAD means EXTEND_REPEAT are not too bad
anyway when the clipping region is only slightly bigger than the
rendered rectangle.

As for the gradient patches, I'm not so sure anymore that David
Reveman's approach was the right one:  Wouldn't it make more sense to
handle gradients like solid fills and add a new function to
cairo_surface_backend_t for backends that want to accelerate gradient fills.

Tom