[cairo] [cairo-announce] cairo snapshot 1.9.2 now available

Ralph Giles giles at ghostscript.com
Fri Jun 12 12:48:09 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 12:25 PM, Carl Worth<cworth at cworth.org> wrote:

>  cairo_surface_set_mime_data()
>  cairo_surface_get_mime_data()
>
>    Should this take unsigned int, unsigned long or size_t for the length
>    parameter? (Some datasets may be >4GiB in size.)

Ah, so you were paying attention. :) Yes please.

_cairo_output_stream_write() uses a size_t, but I don't see that type
in any public api. I'd suggest 'unsigned long'.

That still limits >4GB support to LP64 systems (64 bit Linux, but not
Win64). I'm don't think it's worth trying harder than that, vs. adding
cairo_surface_get/set_mime_stream() in a few years if giant data sets
become important on 32 bit systems.

>    Associate an alternate, compressed, representation for a surface.
>    Currently:
>     "image/jp2" (JPEG2000) is understood by PDF >= 1.5
>     "image/jpeg" is understood by PDF,PS,SVG,win32-printing.
>     "image/png" is understood by SVG.

Although it doesn't currently, the PDF backend could support image/png
as well. AFAIK, one can just pull out and concatenate the IDAT
streams.

 -r