[cairo] Cairo 1.9.2 performance

M Joonas Pihlaja jpihlaja at cc.helsinki.fi
Wed Jun 17 16:28:07 PDT 2009

Hi cu,

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009, cu wrote:

>  I decided to test our application (that currently uses Cairo 1.8.6)
> with 1.9.2 snapshot. A quick test had shown that there is an enormous
> performance degradation when using 1.9.2. Here are the self-test printout:

[snip degradation in 1.9.2]

That's very interesting!  Could you post some code which shows this
performance regression?  It seems there's a big hole in the
performance test suite if we're able to regress by 10x and not notice
it. :|  Alternatively, I guess running cairo-trace from 1.9.2 on your
app when it's running its self-test might work as well.

Cheers,

Joonas