[cairo] Failed to compile cairo-1.8.8

M Joonas Pihlaja jpihlaja at cc.helsinki.fi
Wed Jun 24 12:49:33 PDT 2009

Hi Travis,

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009, Travis Lee wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm new on Cairo and am seeking help...
> I cannot compile Cairo on Solaris SunOS 5.10.
>
> Here are the messages:

[snip]

I believe these errors go away if you compile with GNU Make -- it
seems we've picked up that dependency along the way.  You'll also find
that the test suite doesn't compile on Solaris in 1.8.8 because we're
using some BSD-derived functions and not linking to the socket
libraries. There's been some work fairly recently to get the Solaris
builds working better in the development branch, but that's still
on-going.  (Most notably the cairo-trace tool needs some attention to
make it less linux specific, and I hope that'll get done in time for
the next stable release 1.10 as well.)  Anyway, for your problem,
switching to GNU Make should sort you out.

Cheers,

Joonas