[cairo] Compiling on old Linuxes

Travis Griggs tgriggs at cincom.com
Fri Oct 9 15:45:21 PDT 2009

On Oct 8, 2009, at 10:58 AM, Travis Griggs wrote:

> Much thanks to those that have helped me get relocatable/distributable
> builds for both Windows and OSX, here or on the IRC channel.
>
> I'm now trying to get a build or Linux. I'm using the 1.9.2 snapshot.
> I had to comment out the check in configure about requiring a native
> font backend.

I did get some help with my last set of errors on irc. In particular,
Carl said "But all you need here is headers from a library new enough
to allow cairo to compile."

Which then leads me to ask will it run on that machine though? or is
it that Cairo is smart enough to dynamically figure out how much of
it's linked xrender support it can use?

Anyway, for now, I just decided to disable it. So I'm using

./configure --prefix=/pps/tgriggs/BuildCairo/ --disable-ft --disable-
fc --disable-xlib-xrender

I have to modify cairo-xlib-screen to not include <FontConfig/
FontConfig.h>. And it appears to compile everything in cairo proper.
But when it gets down into util/cairo-trace, it has issues. I've
copied the error's below the sig. Is there anyway to easily avoid it
even compiling the util stuff? I looked in ./configure --help, but
don't see a --disable-util ability. I don't think I necessarily NEED
the utils. Or perhaps there's a more refined make target I can use to
just compile the library?

This is all on the 1.9.2 snapshot.

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist

   CC    trace.o
trace.c: In function `_type_release_token':
trace.c:193: `CHAR_BIT' undeclared (first use in this function)
trace.c:193: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
trace.c:193: for each function it appears in.)
trace.c:202: implicit declaration of function `free'
trace.c:194: warning: `bit' might be used uninitialized in this function
trace.c:194: warning: `elem' might be used uninitialized in this
function
trace.c: In function `_type_next_token':
trace.c:222: `CHAR_BIT' undeclared (first use in this function)
trace.c: In function `_trace_vprintf':
trace.c:590: implicit declaration of function `va_arg'
trace.c:590: parse error before `int'
trace.c:592: parse error before `int'
trace.c:594: parse error before `int'
trace.c:603: parse error before `int'
trace.c:605: parse error before `long'
trace.c:608: parse error before `long'
trace.c:613: parse error before `const'
trace.c:617: parse error before `double'
trace.c:620: parse error before `int'
trace.c: In function `_trace_printf':
trace.c:638: implicit declaration of function `va_start'
trace.c:640: implicit declaration of function `va_end'
trace.c:636: warning: `ap' might be used uninitialized in this function
trace.c: In function `_init_logfile':
trace.c:687: implicit declaration of function `getenv'
trace.c:687: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
trace.c:689: implicit declaration of function `atoi'
trace.c:692: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
trace.c:697: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
trace.c:701: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
trace.c:713: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
trace.c:717: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
trace.c:742: implicit declaration of function `atexit'
trace.c: In function `_push_operand':
trace.c:902: implicit declaration of function `abort'
trace.c: In function `_emit_image':
trace.c:1406: warning: `ap' might be used uninitialized in this function
trace.c: In function `_emit_cairo_op':
trace.c:1713: warning: `ap' might be used uninitialized in this function
trace.c: In function `_emit_source_image':
trace.c:1893: warning: null format string
trace.c: In function `_emit_source_image_rectangle':
trace.c:1925: warning: null format string
trace.c: In function `cairo_image_surface_create_for_data':
trace.c:3054: warning: null format string
trace.c: In function `_emit_surface_op':
trace.c:3119: warning: `ap' might be used uninitialized in this function
trace.c: In function `_emit_pattern_op':
trace.c:3283: warning: `ap' might be used uninitialized in this function
trace.c: In function `cairo_image_surface_create_from_png_stream':
trace.c:3934: warning: null format string
trace.c: At top level:
trace.c:1023: warning: `_has_font_face_id' defined but not used
trace.c:1065: warning: `_get_pattern_id' defined but not used
trace.c:1688: warning: `_emit_font_face' defined but not used
trace.c:1700: warning: `_emit_scaled_font' defined but not used
make[4]: *** [cairo_trace_la-trace.lo] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2