[cairo] librsvg and cairo on Windows

Shixin Zeng zeng.shixin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 09:14:02 PDT 2009

Hi,

I have a repositories on github to build these modules on windows with
MSVC, based on scons, with which I've successfully compiled all
modules for librsvg, except for fontconfig, xft2.

If you look at my repositories, you'll find a scons branch for each
module, just checkout that branch. and you'll be ready to go.

#prerequisite
1. pkg-config, you must have a working pkg-config in your path
2. scons, which is written in Python, so you need python
3. Perl, gtk build system uses perl a lot
4. the site-init.py from http://github.com/zsx/super-totem

The command to compile, say, cairo, would be:
#cd cairo
#scons --site-dir=where_your_site_init_py_is PREFIX=your_prefix DEBUG=1
#scons --site-dir=where_your_site_init_py_is PREFIX=your_prefix DEBUG=1 install

With this method, you can merge upstream changes, if my repository is
not new enough.

Best Regards

Shixin Zeng