[cairo] [Maposmatic-dev] Re: Cairo & libpng/zlib parameters

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Sun Jan 17 05:12:01 PST 2010

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 13:38:46 +0100, David MENTRE <dmentre at linux-france.org> wrote:
> Hello Chris,
>
> Chris Wilson <chris at chris-wilson.co.uk> writes:
>
> > P.S. I'm looking for rendering torture tests to add to the performance
> > benchmarks in cairo-trcaces.
>
> What kind of torture tests are you looking for? Long rendering cities as
> suggested by Jeroen?

Principally those that exemplify the usage of Cairo by Mapnik, such that if
we can achieve decent performance improvements on those, then we know that
we can expect similar improvements in general for Mapnik. Those that are
slow to render are probably the best to look at - though we actually want
to identify ones where it is Cairo that is the bottleneck (for the
purposes of improving Cairo).
-ickle