[cairo] problem painting 0 into 1-bit surfaces

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Mon Nov 8 14:51:37 PST 2010

On 11/06/2010 06:31 PM, Cliff Brake wrote:

> This used to work with 1.8.
>
> Am I doing something wrong, or is this a cairo bug?

I have slightly modified the example to use a CLEAR operation and it is ending
up in _composite_boxes and is calling:
	pixman_fill (bits=0x804d028, stride=4, bpp=1, x=0, y=0, width=100,
                     height=100, xor=0)

1.) pixman_fill has no implementation for the A1 format.
2.) maybe it would be nice to check pixman_fill with assertions?
3.) Maybe pattern_to_pixel should not return TRUE for an A1 surface?

If there is any interest, I can run a git bisection from 1.8 to 1.10 and see
where it broke, also 1.8 is going through a different path, when I see it
correctly not ending in pixman_fill at all.