[cairo] problem building cairo 1.10.0 for x86_64 on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

Kevin Layer layer at franz.com
Tue Nov 9 06:08:26 PST 2010

Alexander Shulgin <alex.shulgin at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > They did.  However, that only made the i386 version.  How do I
>> > configure for x86_64?  (I looked at configure and it wasn't obvious)
>>
>> I guess it's ./configure --build=x86_64 or something like that.

OK, did that.  The make that followed worked, but didn't produce any
dylib's.

$ find . -name '*.dylib'
$ find . -name 'libcairo.*'
./src/.libs/libcairo.a
./src/.libs/libcairo.la
./src/.libs/libcairo.lai
./src/libcairo.la
$ find . -name 'libcairo.*' | xargs file
./src/.libs/libcairo.a:   current ar archive random library
./src/.libs/libcairo.la:  ASCII English text, with very long lines
./src/.libs/libcairo.lai: ASCII English text, with very long lines
./src/libcairo.la:        ASCII English text, with very long lines
$

Not sure where to go from here.  Any ideas?