[cairo] Plans for release of 1.10.2

Rainman Lee rainman.lee at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 21:33:37 PST 2010

the win32 clip region bug is very important, but it is not fixed until now.
it is bad enough to make almost all painting to a WIN32 DC that has a
clip region fail
here is my simple test code:
     HRGN w32_hRgn0 = CreateRectRgn(0, 0, 300, 300);
     HRGN w32_hRgn1 = CreateRectRgn(0, 0, 150, 300);
     CombineRgn(w32_hRgn0, w32_hRgn0, w32_hRgn1, RGN_DIFF);
     DeleteObject(w32_hRgn1);
     SelectClipRgn(hdc, w32_hRgn0);

     cairo_surface_t* tarSurface = cairo_win32_surface_create(hdc); // any hdc
     cairo_t* tarContext = cairo_create(tarSurface);

     cairo_set_source_rgb(tarContext, 1, 0, 0);
     cairo_rectangle(tarContext, 0, 0, 300, 300);
     cairo_fill(tarContext);

the expected result should be a red rectangle at (150, 0, 300, 300),
but in fact, nothing was drawn.

on windows, many products use cairo painting on WM_PAINT message.
the hdc from WM_PAINT usually has a clip region, this bug will lead
all these painting wrong.

so could you fix this terrible bug in 1.10.2 release?
thank you very much!