[cairo] [cairo-commit] 2 commits - src/cairo-image-surface.c test/operator-source.c test/operator-source.image16.ref.png test/operator-source.pdf.rgb24.ref.png test/operator-source.quartz.argb32.ref.png test/operator-source.quartz.rgb24.ref.png t

Andrea Canciani ranma42 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 15:45:36 PDT 2011

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 9:25 PM, Uli Schlachter <psychon at znc.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 02.04.2011 21:03, Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> > The patch:
> >
> > +    /* The below code breaks for operator source. This can best be seen with
> > +     * multiple boxes where black is drawn to dst outside of the boxes. */
> > +    if (op == CAIRO_OPERATOR_SOURCE)
> > +       return CAIRO_INT_STATUS_UNSUPPORTED;
> >
> > looks a little suspicious to me: Should it really check for SOURCE, or
> > should it check for bounded operators that are unbounded in pixman?
> > SOURCE is one such operator, but there are others.

CAIRO_OPERATOR_CLEAR and CAIRO_OPERATOR_SOURCE are the only
two operators whose behavior does not match pixman operators
(cfr. http://cairographics.org/operators/ ).

cairo-image implements CAIRO_OPERATOR_CLEAR as a DEST_OUT with
opaque source (when it needs a mask), but SOURCE is harder to express
(iirc LERP was proposed to address this issue).

Andrea