[cairo] trouble building py2cairo

d74n5pohf9 at ipharzle.e4ward.com d74n5pohf9 at ipharzle.e4ward.com
Tue Jun 19 18:26:04 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 12:01 -0700, cairo-request at cairographics.org
wrote:

> I am on a Fedora x86 system and I follow exactly the two build methods
> in the INSTALL file.  Python.h is definitely installed - I use it
> often for other projects.
>
> # first way...
> kbriggs at gold:~/Download/py2cairo-1.10.0> ./waf configure
> --prefix=/usr/local
>   ./options()
> Setting top
> to                           : /home/kbriggs/Download/py2cairo-1.10.0
> Setting out
> to                           : /home/kbriggs/Download/py2cairo-1.10.0/build_directory
>   ./configure()
> Checking for 'gcc' (c compiler)          : ok
> Checking for program python              : /usr/local/bin/python
> Checking for python version              : (2, 7, 2, 'final', 0)
> Checking for library python2.7           : yes
> Checking for program
> python2.7-config    : /usr/local/bin/python2.7-config
> Checking for header Python.h             : Could not find the python
> development headers
> The configuration failed
> (complete log
> in /home/kbriggs/Download/py2cairo-1.10.0/build_directory/config.log)
>
> kbriggs at gold:~/Download/py2cairo-1.10.0> find /usr/local/include -name
> Python.h
> /usr/local/include/python2.7/Python.h
>
> # second way...
> kbriggs at gold:~/Download/py2cairo-1.10.0> python -c "import sys; print
> sys.prefix"
> /usr/local
> kbriggs at gold:~/Download/py2cairo-1.10.0> ./configure
> --prefix=/usr/local
> configure: error: cannot find install-sh, install.sh, or shtool in "."
> "./.." "./../.."

Hi Keith,

It looks like both methods fail, but for different reasons.

Fedora already has a pycairo package, so you may be able to use that.

For the configure method, I saw this mentioned on a forum as a possible
solution:
autoreconf -f -i -Wall,no-obsolete

Alternatively, download the development code from the git repository and
run:
/autogen.sh --prefix=<python_prefix>

Steve