[cairo] cairo 1.12.4 and 1.12.6 fail to build on OSX 10.6.8

Sebastian Haas sehaas at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 04:38:50 PDT 2012

Hi,
I tried to update cairo on my OSX 10.6.8 system via homebrew but it's
failing.
cairo-xlib-surface-shm.c uses SHMNAME which seams to be defined in
X11/extensions/shm.h and is imported via X11/extensions/shmproto.h
Both files don't exist on my machine, but SHMNAME is defined in
X11/extensions/shmstr.h

Changing the import from shmproto.h to shmstr.h worked for me, but I
could not try on newer OSX versions.
I filed an issue/fix for homebrew here [1] and the maintainer suggested
to inform you.
The output of make can be found here [2].

Regards,
Sebastian

[1] https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/issues/15650
[2] https://gist.github.com/3948813#file_make%20log