[cairo] how to enable font aliasing

draymond at FoxValley.net draymond at FoxValley.net
Wed Mar 25 08:51:36 PDT 2015

Quoting LRN <lrn1986 at gmail.com>:

>> I don't know about ClearType.  How is that enabled/disabled?
>>

> %windir%\system32\cttune.exe
>
> Or via the registry ( HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop , the
> FontSmoothing* family of keys ).
>
> I don't know whether ClearType has any effect on pangocairo, to be honest.

That was it.  When I ran cttune.exe on the "good" machine I saw that
ClearType was turned on.  When I ran it on the "bad" machine ClearType
was turned off.  Turning ClearType on for the "bad" machine got font
anti-aliasing working there.