[Clipart] clipart.freedesktop.org and OpenOffice.org

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Wed Apr 7 10:37:54 PDT 2004

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, David Illsley wrote:
> Hi all,
> There has been a pretty long discussion on one of the OpenOffice.org
> lists about enlarging the selection of clipart distributed with
> OpenOffice.org in the future. We had reached a point where someone
> suggested setting up a separate project to deal with this and then this
> effort was mentioned.
>
> So... there is demand and enthusiasm for what you're planning...
>
> ... and I'm willing to help (more on the technical than artistic side).

Cool, what are you interested in working on, on the technical side?

In the immediate near term we need a lot of the really basic
infrastructure stuff like a website, some means for folks to upload
clipart packages, etc.

We also need to figure out how clipart packages should be packaged.
We've roughed out some ideas already, and it doesn't sound like it'll be
complicated, probably just a tarball with a metadata file in it, but we
need to make an example for folks to copy for new packages.  Maybe we
should start by looking at how the flags clipart is packaged?  Or maybe
there already is a clipart packaging scheme that some program uses, that
we could reuse?