[Clipart] website

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at math.umd.edu
Sun Apr 11 01:02:16 PDT 2004

Bryce Harrington wrote:
> Well, I don't like thinking that we haven't any images so I went ahead
> and made one and uploaded it, to test out how stuff works.
>
> I seem to remember someone suggested maybe focusing on fruits and
> vegetables for starters, so had a shot at making an apple.  Mostly it
> just proves I'm no artist!  ;-)
>
> http://freedesktop.org/Software/IncomingClipart
>
> Bryce

I think it's a nice apple. :-)

I hope you don't mind if I use it as an example.  I mentioned that I will be
working on a program to help OOo users install clipart and other goodies.
Here is an example of the kind of interface I'm thinking of:

http://www.math.umd.edu/~dcarrera/screenshot.png

Note:  This is just a GUI.  The program doesn't actually *do* anything yet.
  I just got started last week.  And the GUI itself needs a lot of work.
But alas, I am neither an artist, nor a UI designer.

Nonetheless, this is an example of how one could list the images and author
names.  There should be a text box at the top where the user can search for
author names.  I just haven't figured how to do that part of the GUI.

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera | No trees were harmed in the generation of this  e-mail.
PhD student.   | A significant number of electrons were, however, severely