[Clipart] Clipart License

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at math.umd.edu
Tue Apr 13 00:47:11 PDT 2004

Hi guys,

I was wondering if we could improve upon the "public domain" idea for
clipart by instead using a BSD-style license.  Such a license would no
present any restrictions on the use clipart, so in practical terms it's just
as good as public domain.  But the author might feel more confortable with
the idea of retaining ownership over his or her work.

Does this sound reasonable?

If it does, I will contact Lawrence Lessig and ask him if he would be
willing to prepare a Creative Commons license which is essentially ammounts
to "all is permitted".  I will explain the OpenClipart project and explain
why we'd like something like that.

So, let's get some votes.  What do you guys think?

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera | No trees were harmed in the generation of this  e-mail.
PhD student.   | A significant number of electrons were, however, severely