[Clipart] introduction

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at math.umd.edu
Tue Apr 13 01:27:40 PDT 2004

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> i'm watching this list for some time, but this is my first message

Nicu!!

Good to see you here.

Nicu is another OpenOffice.org member.

> see this clipart gallery and consider for including in the gallery any
> images you want: http://www.nicubunu.ro/clipart/

Nice!

That's over 200 images right there.

> about SVG support in OpenOffice.org: do not have big expectation,

Well.  Part of what we hope to do here is encourage people to add that
feature to OOo.

> it looks like it will make in to OOo only if the feature will be added
> by external contributors

True.  Fact is that we already have *a lot* to do for OOo 2.0 and barely
enough people to do it.  OOo 2.0 promises to be a fantastic release, and
they are realy adding a lot of neat things to it.  The graphics layer is
being largely rewritten so that OOo can use the native toolkit of each platform.

But this is a lot of work.  It looks like we'll need more developers to come
in for SVG import to be added to the list.

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera | No trees were harmed in the generation of this  e-mail.
PhD student.   | A significant number of electrons were, however, severely