[Clipart] Clipart Packages!

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at math.umd.edu
Wed Apr 14 09:09:08 PDT 2004

Bryce Harrington wrote:
> I've collected together a bunch of clipart from Sodipodi, Inkscape, and
> Nicu and posted them here:
>
>     http://clipart.freedesktop.org/downloads/

Nice.  That's almost 700 images right there.

> I'd like to think about putting out an official OpenClipart release in a
> couple days.

Good idea.  An occassional release of clipart would be good.

You should be aware that there are some issues regarding flags.  For
example, the Nazi flag is illegal in Germany and other countries.  Even
where it is not illegal, there are some moral issues surrounding its
distribution.  As another example, most arab countries do not recognize the
country of Israel.

It is probably best to start with flags that are recognized by the UN or the
Olympics.  Then you can consider new flags individally (for instance, the
flags of French states would be safe too).

Perhaps you'd rather not deal with this issue at all.  That's up to you.
But I thought that you should be aware of this.

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera | No trees were harmed in the generation of this  e-mail.
PhD student.   | A significant number of electrons were, however, severely