[Clipart] www.openclipart.org

Jonathan Phillips jon at rejon.org
Tue Apr 20 01:01:04 PDT 2004

Cool...I changed the guidelines and the front page to have Public Domain
as an issue up front. I added it as a thing to do before submitting. A
good project for someone would be to design an SVG public domain logo
that we can use on our site. The reason it needs to be svg is that the
gif had a white background and looked bad against the gray--yes, I am
that anal...

Thanks so much for mentioning those issues!

Jon

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 00:30, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Jonathan Phillips wrote:
> > Can you help develop these? Do you have access to the site, and or can
> > you develop this on the WIKI, or here on the mailing list? The best
> > would be if you could just edit the content and shuttle it back to the
> > wiki.
>
> IMO, the licensing statement is clearly explained in FAQ:
> http://www.openclipart.org/faq.php
>
> i think some minor additions are enough:
> - on the guidelines page (http://www.openclipart.org/guidelines.php) a
> new rule, something like: "files sould be dedicated to Public Domain"
> and a link to http://creativecommons.org/license/publicdomain-2?lang=en
> - on the front page, the text "This project has the goal of creating a
> free archive of clip art that can be used with free software, closed
> software, distributed with various software distributions, or be used in
> graphic design compositions." should have a little addition, mentioning
> Public Domain. maybe also place somewhere the (PD) icon
> (http://creativecommons.org/images/license/pd.gif)
>
> > On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 00:01, David Illsley wrote:
> >>I'll pop up again and point out that there's no licensing statement on
> >>the front page or in the guidelines.
> >>We shouldn't be taking contributions without statements of ownership,
> >>and statement of the copyright terms the contributor is granting.

Graduate Researcher
Visual Arts Department

PO BOX 948667
LA JOLLA, CA