[Clipart] PD notice and metadata

Mike Linksvayer ml at creativecommons.org
Mon Apr 26 21:53:28 PDT 2004

Jonathan Phillips wrote:
> Yes Mike, it would be great if you all could add that new PD logo as SVG
> and PNG and link to the project. Also, we could host any of the creative
> commons logos as part of our project. It might be good cross-project
> pollination, right?

Yes, it would be good cross-project pollination.  I don't know which
logos we'd be willing to make public domain, will investigate.

We do provide png versions of all buttons hosted under /images/public,
e.g., <http://creativecommons.org/images/public/norights.png>.

Other images aren't intended for direct inclusion in third party web
pages, so we haven't bothered to produce multiple formats, though of
course people are free to do so themselves as Nicu has done (everything
on the CC website is licensed under
<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/1.0/> unless otherwise noted).

We do have "releasing" various license characteristic icons and such on
the todo list.  I've asked our graphics people to release SVG as well as
EPS/AI when that happens.

--
   Mike Linksvayer