[Clipart] Metadata Dicsussion

Jonathan Phillips jon at rejon.org
Tue Apr 27 23:01:20 PDT 2004

Agree. Your suggestions are brilliant and well researched.

I do agree that our storage format should be SVG, but I guess we could
take entries in WMF and possibly EPS, PS, AI/PDF. I wonder if by
converting to a common format like SVG, we will maintain focus of the
project and also encourage non-linux designers to submit. I was talking
to my design friends and they don't even know what SVG is.

I think as long as we offer files as SVG and then convert to and from
readily, we will cover the bases. I think we should be focused and not
take bitmap files (unless they are textures inside a vector).

Jon