[Clipart] Forum and cliparts

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Tue Apr 27 23:13:08 PDT 2004

Jonathan Phillips wrote:
> Bryce, myself and a few others have been working on this project, but it
> is hard to setup everything so quickly while we have our hands in so
> many different things.

probably one hard thing is the 0.39 milestone of Inkscape

> Once we get the backend bug/rfe/forum software installed, that will take
> care of your request. What solutions exist for autodisplay of graphics
> submitted. I vote that we have an auto-convert to png for display on the
> site. Right now we only have the name of the files. In reality this is
> not sufficient.

IMO, the forum is the last feature we need added, much important is the
solution to display graphics. how about in the first stage to request
the submitter the image and *also* the thumbnail?
for autodisplay i think the only solution is to have Inkscape installed
on server and use it with command line parameters to generate thumbnails
- other options (ImageMagik?) will not produce god enough conversions

> But hey, at least the site is up and everything! I guess the other
> concern is to develop a logo, right?
>
> Did anybody look at mine?
> http://openclipart.org/incoming/2004/04/contents/ocap-jon-01.svg
> Comments? I guess we should move towards a goal on this one...I'm trying
> to figure out a way to develo pthe logo towards something explanatory.
> Do you all agree that we should steer clear of OCAP, OCA, and Open
> Clipart Project, and just call this thing: Open Clipart (is clipart one
> word? dictionary.com doesn't think so...)

i'm more inclined toward the "Open Clipart" name

--
nicu