[Clipart] check it

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at math.umd.edu
Wed Apr 28 23:59:36 PDT 2004

Jonathan Phillips wrote:
> Yeah, the site right now is PHP and it isn't that difficult to code...I
> just think it is good for us to see what others are using.

I wonder.  How are people supposed to install the clipart in the zip file?
Are they supposed to go to the appropriate directory and copy it?

If so, we may be able to do a slight improvement on MS' idea.  We could have
the option of creating a self-installer.  You run it and it automatically
puts the files in the correct hierarchy in (say) /usr/local/share/clipart/

You can do this using MakeSelf.

http://www.megastep.org/makeself/

It works in all Unices including Linux and Mac OS X.

It allows you to make a self-extracting archive which, after extracting
itself runs an arbitrary program (e.g. an installer).  I've used this
before.  It actually works.  I was very impressed.

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera | No trees were harmed in the generation of this  e-mail.
PhD student.   | A significant number of electrons were, however, severely