[Clipart] check it

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Thu Apr 29 00:18:59 PDT 2004

Daniel Carrera wrote:
> If so, we may be able to do a slight improvement on MS' idea.  We could
> have the option of creating a self-installer.  You run it and it
> automatically puts the files in the correct hierarchy in (say)
> /usr/local/share/clipart/

i'm not sure about this, at least until we have some applications using
this directory. also this directory may have some internal structure for
organizing data

> You can do this using MakeSelf.
>
> http://www.megastep.org/makeself/
>
> It works in all Unices including Linux and Mac OS X.
>
> It allows you to make a self-extracting archive which, after extracting
> itself runs an arbitrary program (e.g. an installer).  I've used this
> before.  It actually works.  I was very impressed.

i'm thinking about another method: giving users the choice, offer 3 ways
to download the entire set:
- as a single zip (tarball) file;
- as self-installer (made with MakeSelf)
- as a special gallery, which show the entire content of the basket

--
nicu