[Clipart] Clipart installers WAS: check it

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at math.umd.edu
Thu Apr 29 07:53:56 PDT 2004

fenix at theopencd.net wrote:

> Well, well. The idea of multi-platform installer is unique for me !!! it's
> brilliant. Maybe it's possible to extend MakeSelf to run under Windows in the
> far future???

Not really.  MakeSelf runs on all Unix-like systems because it only relies
on the functionality available in all Unix systems (e.g. the Unix shell).

MakeSelf cannot be reasonably run on Windows.  Windows is in a world of its
own, so we'd need a sepparate installer for them.

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera | No trees were harmed in the generation of this  e-mail.
PhD student.   | A significant number of electrons were, however, severely